I waited the 5 important minutes. I found several small items that added up to a better, more thoughtful painting. I added stamens to the flowers which gave them direction. Using Tombows, I added the hand-drawn flower work that is on the original vase (on the left side), and also a bit of detail to scribe out the handle. I received worthy advice from master artist Diane Eugster…always take the 5 extra minutes to observe your painting before you 1. Begin to work on it again, or 2. Call it complete.
Comments & ContactClick on "Comments" under any post and leave me a note. I read every comment and really appreciate them. Or, send me an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6,574 hits
- Spring Flowers – five important minutes April 18, 2015
- Spring Flowers April 18, 2015
- Fanciful Contour Drawing April 16, 2015
- A Little Bird Study – in progress April 15, 2015
- Clothesline Art Sale March 31, 2015
- Favorite South Florida Photo March 28, 2015
- Zentangles March 11, 2015
- A Great Painting Lesson March 9, 2015
Marian’s Art Work
Top Posts & Pages
- art arts barns beach Birds birthdays blog bouquets Bulbs Cape Cod clay pots colors containers dahlias doughnuts Dowses Beach drawing entertaining fall family family. memories floral Florida flower flowers food fruit glass grandchildren holidays Italy landscape leaves lighthouses lilies marians art studio memories mums nature ocean Paines Creek painting passover pen & ink pen and ink pink planting plants rocks roses sand seasons shadows sky snow spring stems still life summer sweets tea time Tombows trees Tuscany vacation values vase vases vermont water Watercolor watercolor painting watercolors winter yupo
Copyright NoticeThank you for visiting Marian's Art Studio. Readers are encouraged and welcome to share this blog, but please do not copy or distribute any pictures and/or text without my permission. If you have questions, comments or requests, contact me at email@example.com. All work on this blog is copyright Marian Ehrlich 2012, all rights reserved.
- Follow MARIAN'S ART STUDIO on WordPress.com